Our major time costs were communications and networking. These reflect well what we want to spend the majority of our time doing and we feel as though we made good outreach/fundraising progress this month.
Below are the outputs we tracked:
Money moved to evidence based charities: $1000+ this month (not including match)
- We count money moved to effective charities only if we are extremely confident that the money was donated due to activities done by Charity Science or our unpaid Charity Science staff and would not have been donated to evidence-based charities otherwise.
- We expect this number to trend upwards in the future, particularly after our fundraising event.
- We view this as our most important metric.
Events: 9 attended, 2 hosted
- We attended far more events, due to our new location
- This number is smaller due to switching to a different website tracking software this month we got considerably more website traffic then previous months. This was main due to getting our blog post featured on Skepchick (a popular skeptics blog).
- After analyzing our data we feel we have learned quite a bit about which groups are most interested in effective charities (full blog post on this in the works)
- Xio was featured on the radio to talk about Charity Science
- We were featured on Skepchick
- We wrote a guest blog post for a fundraising website
- We were invited to write blog posts for Atheist Republic