Below are the outputs we tracked:
Money moved to evidence based charities: $1800+ (not including match)
- We count money moved to effective charities only if we are extremely confident that the money was donated due to activities done by Charity Science.
- We expect this number to trend upwards in the future, particularly after our fundraising event.
- We view this as our most important metric.
Events: 11 attended, 1 hosted
- We attended far more events due to our new location
- Even though we did not get featured in any large blog, our traffic remained as high as last month.
- We coordinated with Peter H to make a page on birthday fundraisers
- We advised on a research project on corporate giving.
- We sent in the paperwork for nonprofit status (different from charitable status)
- We successfully acquired some of the operations funding we were seeking
- Gain some more funding for our personal expenses. We contacted funders and were able to acquire $7,000 of the $12,000 we were seeking. We also have a contact who will donate a sum at a later date (that we hope will cover most of our remaining needs.)
- All charity paperwork has been sent off and is pending.
- We have confirmed the data and charity for our event (September 14th and Evidence Action!)
- Set up a way to track where people go when they leave our website (specifically to determine how many go to GiveWell/proven charities)
- Write up some blog posts on what we've learned about networking
- Get 20+ people to join the Charity Science Walk
- Set up our mailing list so volunteers can sign up to the volunteer email list automatically