Charity Science is excited to announce that we’ve added peer to peer fundraiser pages for special events of any kind, in addition to our birthday and Christmas fundraisers. You can now run peer to peer fundraisers for any special event you’d like with unique pages for the US, UK, and Canada (anyone else can fundraise too you’ll just be using the currency of one of those countries and donors won’t get tax deductibility). Peer-to-peer fundraisers are one of the most effective ways to raise money and we’ve had great success with birthday and Christmas fundraisers. Most people who put in even 1-2 hours to these fundraisers raise $300 or more which is a terrific per hour return!
While you can use the general fundraiser pages for any type of event, here are some suggestions:
- Graduations - Many people mark their academic achievements with parties which often involve gifts so this a great opportunity to fundraise.
- Weddings - Getting married is great time to raise money for charity as gifts from friends and family are common. Be sure to include the fact that you are running a fundraiser in your invitations.
- Athletic feats - Whether running a race, biking, or just attempting to hit your new personal best, fundraising for your personal fitness accomplishments is a great idea which thousands of people already do.
- Something funny - Embarrassing yourself a little for a good cause is a great way to have a bit of fun while raising money for effective causes. You can run an auction where if people pay a certain amount you'll follow through on different dares. You can run also run a social event like a bad dancing contest or anything that trades a bit of personal awkwardness for money towards fighting poverty.
- Anything else you want to do - Basically any reason you can think of to fundraise is a great reason to raise money for effective charities. You may also be interested in running a birthday or Christmas fundraiser in much the same way.
Once you’ve decided what you want to do, you can find instructions on how to create and promote your fundraiser here.
If you’re thinking of running a fundraiser, we strongly suggest you check out Peter Hurford’s guide to running a fundraiser as he ran a highly successful fundraiser and others have copied his method with great results.
Finally, you know your situation best but as a general rule we’ve found people are most generous during the holiday season. So if you want to raise the most money, I’d suggest donating your Christmas which we also have unique pages for in in the US, UK, and Canada. However, if you think there’s a good case that your upcoming event is better, or you’d rather get presents at Christmas, this is a great alternative which you can get started creating now in the US, UK, and Canada.